Monday, February 27, 2012

It's Coming, It's Coming

Another (small?) snowstorm is on the way but that's not what has the dogs' noses, and my colleague Jane's nose sniffing the air.
"It feels like spring," Jane said as we headed out of the office for lunch.
It was cold - minus 6 - but it was sunny. I couldn't smell spring, not today, but I knew what she meant. Even though the snowfall warning claims we're in for 15 centimetres, there is definitely a spring-like vibe in our part of the world these days. Considering our chickens have been laying between 4 and 6 eggs a day since February 2 (let's see a groundhog try that!), it seems that the true arbiters of an early spring have spoken.
I have to admit, however, that I'm not looking forward to it. I know! I know!  Crazy lady here but I have a five month old puppy that needs plenty of exercise and walking on frozen paths I've spent all winter pummeling into existence is vastly preferred to wet, muddy trails --- oh, oh, oh, I can't even think about it. The muddy feet! The muddy bellies! The muddy boots!

No comments:

Post a Comment