Tuesday, January 15, 2013

There Is Talent In These Thar Hills!

Congratulations to Cumberland County resident, Christina Martin, who scored two East Coast Music Awards nominations: Pop Recording of the Year for "Sleeping with a Stranger" and Songwriter of the Year for her song, "Marina".
Now, Christina is my neighbour and I consider her a friend so I know I'm biased but she is an amazing, inspiring songwriter -- and a lovely, modest and funny woman with a fabulous wardrobe to boot -- so I hope she gets the hardware for her music. All the musicians are talented and deserving, I know, I know, how do we choose? but my vote goes to Christina.

Enjoy my March 2012 conversation with Christina, who moved to Beckwith with her husband, a fellow musician, a few years ago:

http://www.fieldnotescumberland.blogspot.ca/2012/04/in-conversation-withchristina-martin.html 


No comments:

Post a Comment