Sunday, June 08, 2014

Hope, Always



On the way home from Lorneville United Church this morning, where I'm leading the service next week, I drove over to the church in Linden, also part of my duties, to get all my mileage clocked out. As is the way with rural pastoral charges now -- this one is a four-point charge -- there was no service in Linden today but at the church in Amherst Head. As I turned around the driveway, my car was facing this field.
I noticed the deer.
And I noticed something more.
You can't see it in this photo and I'm sorry I didn't have the zoom lens because she has a fawn near her hind legs. A small, newborn fawn following its mother through a green field of wildflowers.
Whooosh.
It was an emotional service, led by Rev. Ruth Gamble, a service that touched on the events of the incredible tragedy of the senseless shooting deaths of the three RCMP officers in Moncton. It was a necessary service; we can't ignore the bad in the world and when Ruth asked who has a connection with the RCMP or any police force, most of us there admitted to one, some active, some retired, some family, some friends.
This moment afterwards, a reminder.
Life goes on.
Find the beauty.
Don't rush by without noticing.
Stop a moment and be filled with gratitude and grace.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Sara....It was good to meet you.....living in rural NS, we see much beauty - there is usually deer in that field each week..sometimes many deer......Blessings as you share ministry with many.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I'm looking forward to it and I'll make sure I look for the Renwick deer again.

      Delete