Friday, August 15, 2014

Chasing Rainbows


While I was doing yoga early this morning, all stretched out in front of the picture window in the living room, the light suddenly changed colour. It went from dim grey morning light to this rich, deep yellow. It was like I was inside a glowing spaghetti squash.
When I went outside with the camera to see how the rising sun was playing with the clouds, I turned around and saw a rainbow above the trees.
A photographer gave me that advice many, many years ago: Always turn around to see what's going on behind you. Often the best shots aren't of the actual sunrise or sunset.


I followed the rainbow around back --- and doubled the joy.
An appropriately dramatic way to start a rainy Friday which just happens to be the last day of my two-week's of full-time work, a.k.a. purgatory, a.k.a. Jane's summer vacation.

No comments:

Post a Comment