Wednesday, April 18, 2018

April Is Poetry Month


As one of four local writers, I'm reading at the Poetry Cafe on Sunday afternoon. When one of the Poetry At Large coordinators asked me if I'd ever published poems, I said no, but then realized - Yes! The final essay in my book was inspired by, and includes, a poem I wrote in the summer of 2006, that life-changing summer when I met Dwayne (although the poem is about Maritime hospitality, not him). You can see a video of me reading that poem on my Facebook author page.
On Sunday afternoon, however, I'll be reading a poem inspired by our old summer home on Pugwash Point and caring for a father with Alzheimer's disease, and two poems inspired by Dwayne. If that doesn't take up my allotted five minutes, I'll also read the entire Mary Oliver poem that I quote in one of my other essays in Field Notes.

Come as you are! Admission is free. 1:30 Sunday afternoon at the Lions Centre in Oxford, TCH Exit 6 (across from the Tim Horton's). 



No comments:

Post a Comment